New Evangelicalism Is Dangerous Watch Out for It!
by Fundamental Evangelistic Association
IN EVERY AGE, there are those who profess the name of Christ, but who do not want to bear the reproach of the Cross. They cannot stand to be looked down upon by the wise of the world. They are more concerned with making the Gospel "respectable" than in declaring the whole counsel of God. They have made a complicated system of "gears" so as to "gear" the Gospel to youth, to the athlete, to the politician, to the movie star, etc. The whole program is deceptively dangerous for it appeals to the flesh in the name of the Spirit, and invariably glories in size rather than striving for fidelity to the Truth.
Some of the symptoms of the New Evangelical disease are:
1. Placing love above sound doctrine as a basis for Christian fellowship.
There can be no true love without sound doctrine (l Jn. 5:2-3; Rom. 16:17; Jn. 14:21).
2. Re- thinking, re-investigating, and keeping an "open mind" regarding the fundamentals of the Faith, including the inerrancy and inspiration of the Holy Scriptures.
Faith in the Word of God and the Son of God are matters of God's revelation, not man's investigation (2 Tim. 2:15;1 Cor. 2:14).
3. Practicing "infiltration" instead of Biblical "separation" with respect to compromised churches and apostate denominations.
It is always God's will for the faithful believer to withdraw from any fellowship that has departed from sound doctrine and practice (2 Thess. 3:6, 14; Rom. 16:17; 2 Cor. 6:14-18).
4. Twisting the Scriptures in an effort to accommodate so-called "scientific" discovery and theory, including every form of evolution.
If man knows more than his Creator, then God is dead! (Gen. 1:1; Jn. 1:1-3;1 Cor. 1.20).
5. Seeking to develop lines of thought and arguments which would "Christianize" pagan ideas and systems founded upon unbelief (glorification of psychology, psychiatry, astrology, etc. ) .
Nothing is better for modern man than the absolute truth of God's Word (Col. 3:16; 1 Tim. 6:20; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Jn. 17:17; 1 Thess. 2:13).
6. Preaching only a so-called "positive message," as often expressed by the statement, "God called me to win souls, not to criticize others."
God calls every believer to win souls, but He also commands every believer to contend earnestly for the Faith (Jude 3-4; Acts 20:24-31).
7. Finding more fellowship with disobedient brethren and even outright apostates than with Bible-believing fundamentalists.
This suits the devil just fine for it con fuses the battle lines (Eph. 5:11; 1 Cor15:33).
8. Making the church more and more an instrument of social change by programs of humanitarian concern, rather than emphasizing our responsibility to the Great Commission and the eternal welfare of man.
Cooperation with apostates usually starts with united welfare, mission, or evangelistic programs. God has given specific instructions regarding the believer's responsibility to identify and to separate from all such false teachers (2 Cor. 6:14-18; 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 2 Jn. 10-11).
New Evangelicalism is wrong because it is unscriptural and must, therefore, be guarded against on every hand. This obligation is in no way modified because some highly respected Christian leaders embrace and promote its dangerous strategies today. Don't you be deceived by it!
For a free literature packet, write Fundamental Evangelistic Association PO Box 6278, Los Osos, CA 93412, U.S.A.